Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Occupational Hazards

I dropped in to the Substation Artists' Market at Newport yesterday morning. I've been noticing the building and signage as I've driven past on my way to Williamstown for months now. I'm in the market for a new market opportunity, so why not check it out? Yesterday I actually got there. I found lots of good points:
  • a coffee shop with good coffee and homemade yummies in the entrance foyer
  • live music in that same foyer--the sound greeted me as I got out of the car
  • an interesting, light, spacious, well heated building
  • lots of exciting stalls, including some I recognised from other like-minded markets; quality textiles, but no handspun or hand-dyed work--looks as though I'd fit right in
  • prices that seemed to reflect the degree of skill and effort involved in making the wares . . .

And then there were these:

Blue and silver chain-mail earings--they had to come home with me! Now that's a hazard I'm open to whenever I check out a good market. There's always something uniquely irresistable to put a hole in my budget. Oh well, I'm happy with that sort of risk!

No comments: