Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Book Beauty

Two books to look at this morning: The first, "Principles of Pattern", I picked up from the Guild Textile Bazaar some time ago. The second, "Plants and Their Application to Ornament" was an unexpected find in a little boutique in Rathdowne St before a coffee with my friend M recently. I'm hoping that the two together will help me to bridge the gap between my fascination with botanical art and my desire to decorate fabric . . . or at least to take some more small steps in that direction.

In other news, my eye is settling nicely with regular antibiotic drops. If you want a laugh, you can try to imagine a middle-aged, short-sighted woman leaning back in front of the mirror trying to land a drop of fluid into a blinking target a couple of centimetres across!

No comments: