Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Budding

I guess I've been rather out of touch with the garden and its seasons lately. When I did a big day of weeding on Sunday, I was surprised to find that the dwarf nectarine tree at the back of the garden is budding already. I love the tiny burst of pink against the grey-brown. I'd like to try for something like that in my dye pot. Dyeing isn't high on today's priorities, though. I have my budding home improvement projects to care for instead. The plans are nearly ready to go to Council. And I have to keep weeding through my accumulated craft and sewing collections to see what earns a place in my new studio.

3 comments:

SewSofie said...

Everything is blooming at the moment. Cherry blossoms are especially beautiful as well as a big ol' magnolia tree we pass on our way to kinder. Spring is certainly in the air!

Chiara Z said...

Funny, I've seen the cherry blossom too, and admired the magnolias, but hadn't thought the nectarine would be so early. Shows how much I (don't) know about gardens, really.

Dee said...

yes it is definately begininng to look and feel like spring. :) I do love seeing all the buds coming out and the sudden burst of new growth... not so keen on the additional mowing though.