I gave my presentation on Shibori dyeing to my Textile Art class yesterday. It was exciting to share some of what I'd learnt and to pass on the bug to some of my colleagues. As this was a history class, placing a textile work in context was a central feature of the assignment. I dyed a couple of silk cloths as part of this project. I've planned them as head-scarves and my thinking reflects my experiences with the Arabic-speaking women's group I've been working with in the past year. To provide the historical context I'd like to make some paper-mache stands. I've collected the relevant newspapers:
--two Melbourne city daily papers and the local weekly paper. I still have lots of questions and possibilities to explore, but I guess that's what it's all about.