Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Capsicum Done

I've had capsicums on my mind for while. As is often the case, I had way too many ideas of things I could do. I had ideas about necklaces, capsicum slices set with freshwater-pearl-seeds and other elaborate manifestations. The set task was simply to make something from my fruit drawings. In the end I made a capsicum. It's crocheted, handspun wool, lightly stuffed and needle-sculpted. The stalk is a double twisted cord of handspun wool and the cap is embroidered with cotton perle. It's enough. It's done. I'm going to hand it in.

I've got a feeling that saying "enough" is going to be one of my significant challenges in the next few weeks. I'm going to have to distinguish carefully between tasks that are exercises to demonstrate or practice a particular aspect of work and tasks that are to be developed into something of exhibition quality. Otherwise I'll go nuts!

3 comments:

Vireya said...

Looks great!

Dee said...

Ah yes... he perfectionists dilemma... is it ever done/good enough/ etc. One can always see just that little bit more than can be done to improve it. Like you say, it is a challenge to decide when to say 'enough". I wish you all the best in your efforts to do so.
AND that is one mighty handsome Capsicum!

Chiara Z said...

Thanks and thanks. It feels a tad juvenile, but I took it with me on my travels today I was too pleased with it to leave it behind:)