Saturday, May 14, 2011
I took my tweed sample to class yesterday where it received a fitting welcome. By the end of the day I had cast on 80 stitches for a little neck wrap.The first few rows--at the right of the pic because it's one of those "turn the pics on their sides if you want it or not days here--are the dark brown marle yarn which I used for the warp in the card-woven sample. It's hardly visible in the weaving, but here it will hopefully ground the other colours. Then I moved on to my tweed yarn. My next challenge is to spin myself some sky. I'm looking forward to another bit of colour blending and then woollen spinning to make a soft, fluffy, light-as-air yarn. Meanwhile I have a house to clean up and several pressing assignments to deal with.