Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

While You Were Out

I missed our last weaving class. It was in the middle of my flooring-house-chaos. Yesterday when we got together there were several samples of the Summer and Winter block weave on display:I've started threading my warp for this project. I left the loom at the Guild rooms, though. I'm still unpacking and sorting my stuff and I couldn't face the challenge of accommodating two table looms in my living space. My plan is to drop in at the Guild a couple of mornings next week and do some work on it there. Meanwhile yesterday we wound the warps for our Double Cloth exercise. I'm really looking forward to that one. The thought of two layers of weaving interacting with gradations of colour is pretty exciting. I've got 288 warp threads to deal with, so it will be a little while before I post pictures of that one.

No comments: