Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random Acts of Colour

I taught a dyeing workshop on Sunday--"Any Colour You Like". I need my head read! Sunday was not a good day for me to teach anything, but thankfully I'm familiar with the topic and had a keen group of students. I think I must have siphoned off some of their energy, because I'm sure I didn't have enough of my own at the beginning of the day.

There are always bits and pieces of colour left at the end of a day. I love the randomness of just going with what's there. So I tipped all the leftover bits that looked like reds and yellows of any sort into one bucket and tied up a bit of fabric to go in there. Here it is:
I haven't rinsed it out yet, but it looks interesting.
My house is feeling even more random than my dyeing today. I got rid of various items of furniture when I packed up the house. They were things that weren't working for me and needed to be replaced. OK, now I'm home and trying to put everything away. I need to replace those items to stop myself going completely crazy. I had a very unsuccessful trip to Ikea yesterday! Meanwhile, I've at least managed to get the computer set up again. I'm trying to take one step at a time. Don't ask me why one piece of random-dyed cotton gets to be a priority when the whole house is topsy-turvy, but I'm going to finish rinsing it out now.

3 comments:

Vireya said...

Well hooray for having the computer set up again, anyway! And I'm interested to see how that piece of fabric turns out.

Chiara Z said...

It's looking more promising than the house! The floor guys need to come back tomorrow to fill in gaps in the joins between boards. So I'll be in boxes for a couple more days:(

Dee said...

one piece of fabric getting priotity makes perfect sense... it is controlable, finite and not likely to be overwhelming - it is also highly likely to pay a smile :)