Monday, April 5, 2010

Kid Mohair Colour

I dyed this skein of kid mohair over the weekend. Here it is draped on my friend's marudai stool , which is sitting near my armchair in the north window--hence the bands of sunlight. I was amazed at how greedy this fibre was for colour. There's about 50 g there. I started off with a generous half teaspoon of Landscape "Cyclamin", only to find the dye exhausted after less than ten minutes. I repeated this twice before I thought the dyeing was done. After it dried and I had another look at it I thought it would take some more, so back to the dye pot it went. This time with a combination of "Galah" and "Plum" from my last silk ribbon experiment. Would you believe it gobbled up all that colour as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it took even more colour, but I like what I've got too much now to want to risk anything else. I was originally going to include this skein with the "Bubble and Squeak" project, but now I think I'll give it a little project of its own. Stay tuned for further developments.

1 comment:

Dee said...

oooh that is really sweet.