Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Contrary

I started flicking out some lovely kid mohair last weekend. I spun up half of it during the week and am loving how it's coming out. I'm not quite sure that it will be fine enough, but I think it will be ok. Yesterday evening I decided to flick out the second half before going to bed. Now that's ready to go:In the pic you can see the flicked fibre in the box. Below it on the left are a few of the mohair curls as they came--they're lovely and long, but took a bit of opening out. On the right is the "waste" fibre. These are the shorter ends, and snarls that came away when I did the flicking. I just can't wait to get my hands on them! I've got some "waste" merino from when I combed out my fine worsted sample last year--the short ends of merino plus the kid mohair, spun woollen should produce a delightful lumpy bumpy cloud of yarn. When that goes into the dypot, the mohair will soak up the colour with a zing while the merino remains more muted. I can't wait! But first I must produce the required "good" sample of lovely shiny smooth mohair for my folio. Being contrary will have to wait just a little bit longer.

No comments: