Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Flavour

These garlic and chilli stuffed olives were an impulse buy at the deli yesterday: I guess I'm still thinking about the olive colour--I'll confess, I was also just plain hungry when I went shopping! The reason I've included them in today's post--even after a healthy breakfast--is that it's a bit of a different take on a complementary colour scheme. Red and green are a classic complementary pair of colours, but in their pure form have the disadvantage of being potentially a bit too predicatable and, well, Christmassy. Toned down like this, though, there's still an exciting contrast, but also a bit more harmony. And in the taste bud department, the bite of the chilli contrasts beautifully with the smooth, slightly bitter olive flavour. Hmmm, something to think about while I knit today.

No comments: