Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cute as a Button

Cute as a boot with buttons!Having complained in this blog about my fashion frustrations, it seems only right to share my triumphs too. I found these boots on sale this week. I grew up in Queensland, where boots are a fashion statement, not a necessity. In Melbourne I reckon they're a necessity. It's about 9 degrees out there today, and rainy. Besides, what's wrong with a bit of a fashion statement every now and then?

These came in at 40% off, with cute bottons to make me smile, a flat enough heel to satisfy the more sensible part of me and a zip on the other side to make them easy to take on and off. I call that a happy combination. Now I'm off to the hardware store to buy a couple of last minute supplies and then to the Guild for my dyeing workshop. But first I have to pack the car and that's going to be quite a feat. I have so many bits and pieces for this workshop. Oh and if you look at the background to this morning's pic, you'll notice that I didn't get as far as cleaning up yesterday.

2 comments:

SewSofie said...

Oh my! Where did you get them? Im in desperate need of boots and they are gorgeous.

Chiara Z said...

Kwik Shu on Sydney Rd--they're a clearance outlet for "hard to fit" feet. I've been a long time fan.