Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Watch this Space

This is the space above my washing machine and laundry tub:It didn't look like this a few hours ago. I had a set of shelves there, but they were fiddly little decorator shelves and weren't working for me. I've been meaning to get rid of them and install something more substantial, but it was one of those projects I kept putting off. This weekend I have a visitor--yeah I know I had a visitor last weekend too and I don't usually have so many visitors, but there you go. My visitor wanted a project to get stuck into and she's competent with power tools. I pointed to the shelves and a pile of timber and told her to go for her life. My only requests were that she keep herself and the rest of my house reasonably intact.

She had the old shelves cleared off and dismantled much faster than I'd expected. Now I can hear her in my shed with the power saw. I've got a good feeling I'm going to have new shelves by tea time. Meanwhile I'm getting on with my spinning. I have to resist the urge to keep checking on her--I'm not used to people working independently around my place. I reckon I could get used to it, though!

2 comments:

Dee said...

neato! new shelves coming right up. feel free to send her my way.

Knitspingirl said...

Ooo! How exciting - can't wait to see the finished results!