Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Now What?

I'm still slowly sorting my way through years of accumulated stuff in my sewing room. Every now and again I come across something like this:
Hand-stitched heart blocks, left over from a long-ago quilting project--lovingly designed and prepared at the time, but now what?
  • I could just chuck them--seems a pity, though;
  • I could keep them in my teaching stash just as they are--they demonstrate several useful points;
  • I could find some coordinating fabric and finish them off--I just happen to know I have some; and I might even know where it is;
  • I could pack them away with various other strays that seem too good to get rid of and hope to do something with them sometime . . . ummm, that's how I got where I am in the first place!

So, I smiled at myself, took a photo and blogged about them. Now at least I can tick "blogging" off my to do list for this morning.

Now what? How about making myself another cup of coffee and hoping to find something easier to dispose of?


3 comments:

Ang Pang said...

They look familiar :)
(on our wedding gift quilted wall hanging you made)Maybe give them to a fellow quilter to inspire someone's next project?

Chiara Z said...

What I can't remember is how I ended up with eight extra hearts . . . there are two more to the left of the pic. I know that quilt was designed as I made it, which is always fun:)

Dee said...

and here we have the tricky part... what to do with something we no longer need but put in many hours of time and effort not to mention $ to produce. let me know if you find a good solution to this dilema as i have a few of these myself which i am yet to tackle.