Thursday, January 21, 2010


Here's the neck edge of the hood I posted yesterday:I started by picking up stitches along the bottom of the hood. First I knitted a few rows of 1:1 rib; then I progressively increased--alternating between the "hills" and "valleys" of the rib--until I had a 4:4 rib. I'm part way through casting off--still in the rib pattern. As you can see, it's given me a slightly flared edge, which I think is quite cute. Functionally the rib pulls in the bottom edge of the hood--I used a size smaller needle--and then the flare covers the top of the shoulders. That's the plan, anyway. I guess I'll confirm it when it comes off the needles.

No comments: