Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dinner Guests

Fish and chips for tea on the banks of the Yarra at Warrandyte--it was my reward for at least doing a little bit of clearing up at home today after a big week.

We had planned on sharing our chips with the ducks, but didn't expect any to be as bold as this one. I took this shot with my portrait lens. I actually had to change lenses while this duck helped itself from the pack of chips on our picnic rug!
This little guy actually took a chip from my hand. For years I've been going to Warrandyte hoping to catch a good shot of the ducks and usually ending up with a small figure against a muddy background. I love the combination of colours in their plumage, and even though this shot doesn't catch any of the more spectacular colours, it does catch the character of a little duck who know what she? he? wants--please excuse my ignorance of duck biology.

No comments: