Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Room to Move

You might have noticed an increasing note of desperation in my references to the Spinning Certificate Folio presentation lately. It's due at the end of the month and, despite working away at it consistently, I was starting to feel a sense of panic that I'm not going to make it in time. Yesterday I noticed myself actively contemplating whether I could find a way to clean the floor and wash the dishes, rather than prepare another skein for my folio. Time to cut myself some slack!I rang the Teaching Convenor and Course Coordinator and explained my situation. I'm keen to finish my folio and earn my certificate, but there are other things in my life that take priority--including eating and sleeping:) They were very understanding and we agreed on an extension. I'm going to hand in the work I've done, including the items of my own work for display on the due date. I'll receive a certificate of participation for that. Then, when I finish the rest of the folio requirements, they will be assessed for my certificate of completion. Huge sigh of relief! Now I can get back to spinning and breathing--both.

1 comment:

Dee said...

breathing is good. spinning is good too but when you find yourself starting to dread you fav tings, it is definatly time for a break. I am cheerng for you.