Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Shopper

I went to check out the Northside Makers Market yesterday afternoon. In the flurry of getting my folio organised, I nearly forgot that I'd promised myself this outing. I'm glad I remembered! It was just what I needed.

My primary reason for going was to evaluate whether I'd like to join the sellers there. I like what I've seen of their organisation--lots of local promotion and a community focus, with genuine handmade work. What I hadn't expected was to find myself confronted with irresistable items just begging to come home with me.
You'll have to wait for the stories behind my purchases, but I'll just leave you with the pic to tantalise you in the meantime.
Now I find myself in a bit of a quandry: I like the market, I think it might work well with what I'm offering and the location is perfect, but they only publish dates one market at a time and I have several regular Saturday commitments, including a Flax Spinning Workshop on March 13, which is the next market date. I'm just going to have to wait and see how things pan out. Meanwhile, though, I'm a happy shopper and looking forward to sharing the fun and clever things I bought.

No comments: