Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Options and Temptations

My brain is running on several tracks at the moment:
  • I'm still completing my Spinning Certificate requirements;

  • I'm dreaming of some weaving I'd like to do;

  • I'm planning my next Patchwork by Machine class;

  • I'm dyeing a batch of yarns for myself;

  • . . . oh, and then there's the housework, but we won't talk about that!

I made a trip to Spotlight yesterday. I do normally try to support the independent local stores, but it was nearly 5 pm on a Saturday and I'd run out of bobbins for measuring and presenting my yarn samples. That's a major task for today, so off I went. The bobbins were only a few dollars for 100 and they had both cardboard and plastic--it's been a while since I've seen the cardboard ones, so I bought a pack of each. A few more dollars for a magnetic seam guide--we were talking about options for accurate stitching in class last week, so here's a chance to try it out. My spending was still under the $10 mark and I was heading for the checkouts when I saw the Quilting Cotton clearance rack . . . uh oh!

1 metre of the large floral fabric, 1 metre of the gold fabric (on the far left) and 30 cm of each of the others. Why? Because they caught my eye, were half price and are a great demonstration of a fabric range with built in colour choices to show my class. And I've decided I don't even need to wash and iron them before I teach on Wednesday night. They will tell their story beautifully just the way they are.

4 comments:

Dee said...

oooow those are cute fabrics. ;)
Waiting to see what yo do with them...

Vireya said...

I shouldn't have read this! I really like those fabrics, I've noticed them a few times as SL. And if now they are on clearance....

Chiara Z said...

Is it too late to claim ignorance and innocence? I hate to draw a friend into temptation and I can't even pretend you don't know which store I went to . . .

Ang Pang said...

Wow- I love those fabrics- almost an Asian look about them!