Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Photo Shoot

I'm off to my basket making workshop this morning. It's on the other side of town, so last night I decided to think about a picture for the blog before I went to bed, rather than have one more thing to do this morning. By the time I thought of it the light was getting low. I've made a few more of the crochet flowers. I've also been reading a little bit about taking photos to showcase handmade work. Everyone says that using the flash is a bad idea. And they're right. The flash made everything look flat and there was a nasty shine from my table as well. Back to natural light.
I found that the low light emphasised the shape and depth of the flowers, but I wouldn't call this a glam shot. The colour is reasonably true to life--on my monitor at least. To dress up my photos I'll need to think about some props. Another challenge is to find some human models--not so much for the brooches, but my hats, scarves and necklaces would certainly look better with a human. These are some of the challenges I come up against when I think about a real photo shoot. For now though, I need to brew myself another coffee and get organised for that workshop. I'm taking my camera, so hopefully I'll have something to show tomorrow. 

No comments: