Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Bigger, Better?

My step by step exploration of flower possibilities continues. I wanted to try yesterday's rose pattern with a different yarn. That's it in the pic on the left. What about adding another row of petals?  Yes, that works. And finally I changed the stitch pattern to make the petals more rounded. There they are on the right hand side.
The next step would have been to try the extra row of petals with the rounded shape, but that was the end of the yellow variegated wool yarn. I had a blue version of this yarn, but I knitted it up into the "easy and blue" scarf last month. The trimmings I made are cute enough, but the triangle scarf is less than ideal. Maybe it's time to pull it out and turn it into flowers. And I think there's a red yarn in this family too. I'll have a hunt through my box today.

The weather in Melbourne is typical for spring--we had a warm sunny 27 degrees yesterday when I had a couple of social commitments and no time for my garden, while this morning I'm at home with a forecast maximum of 17 and grey drizzle. I think I'll keep my flower-making efforts indoors again.

4 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

You could always adorn your "easy & blue" with some of your flowers - you're on quite the flower jag, aren't you? Lol

Chiara Z said...

Yep--except my disagreement with that scarf is about size and drape, which no amount of adornment will resolve.

Dee said...

Good, Better, Best. :)

Is this where I add, A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.?... even if it blooms indoors n the thread garden.


...and today's verification word, "spree" which is kinda apt.

Chiara Z said...

Yep it's an indoor floral spree!