Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mascot

Today is the day of the football grand final in Melbourne. Do I care? No, not particularly, but there's something to be learned from every situation. The footy clubs have their various mascots, and I need one too. Here's what I made.












It's called the wee tiny sock and it's perfect in all its parts: cuff, leg, heel flap, heel, gussets, foot and toe. I've been wanting to have another go at sock knitting and this was a fun cute little warm up. And it's helped to cheer me up a bit too. On the strength of it I got going on a few other long-neglected jobs. Ultimately I may make some more as Christmas decorations. Now I don't expect a full-on cheer squad, but I have chores to do before I settle down to some more knitting.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Cute. That little sweetie would look great hanging from the tree. A mini chrissie stocking.
As an extension it would make neat 'wrapping' for some little item... nail polish, jewellery, cash, chocky. It may be a sweet little seller for your stall too, if it isn't too labour intensive...
knit on! It's like rock on but more apt - yes I have been hanging out with teens and it is rubbing off.

Chiara Z said...

Thanks:) I'm going to make it again and see how easy it gets with a bit of practice.

Knitspingirl said...

Love the mini sock!
I made a bunch of these earlier this year as part of my party dress-up costume as "Sock Girl". Warning - they're a bit like popcorn. Bet you can't stop at just one!!

Chiara Z said...

I did think of you while I was making it:)