Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just Had to Share

I'm talking with my friend D on the phone and ironing the quilting fabrics I bought on impulse a couple of weeks ago. I love having company when doing the less exciting parts of my projects--ironing is not my favourite activity. But ironing is often the time when I get to know my fabrics better. I've just discovered that the main fabric I bought is a one-way design. I'm glad I noticed that before I started cutting.

While I've got the fabrics out, I'm thinking about how I'd like to use them. Here's one of my hand dyes which I think will work. It too got an iron, since it's been in storage.

The trouble with my hand-dyes is that I love them so much when I've dyed them that I find it hard to use them. The trouble with having company over the phone, rather than in person, is that I need a camera to share.

Here's my fabric:
I hope you like it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Dee said...

ooooow I love that fabric!
Now my dear, you MUST use and enjoy the beautiful fabrics you create, 'casue they can't be enjoyed in a box where no one sees them. ...and you can then have the fun of making more lovely hand-dyed fabrics. :)

Chiara Z said...

OK, this one's not gong back in the box. For now it's on the ironing board and it's coming for a trip to class tonight.