I posted yesterday about the plain green homespun fabric that lost its "boring" label courtesy of a bleach bath. Well, the more I looked at it, the more I liked the effect, but not to coordinate with pretty flowers. It was speaking to me of trees or bushland. I'd already decided to overdye it in different green/s so I decided to try another bleach bath. This time I diluted the bleach in a basin and roughly fan-folded the fabric. I gave it ten minutes on each side before rinsing it thoroughly. Here's the result:
Today is a big day at the Guild: opening of the student exhibition followed by a flax workshop, so I don't expect I'll get to do anything more with this fabric. Tomorrow I have a day at home, so if I can clear up the kitchen, I'll pull out my procion dyes and have a go.