Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Great Gizmo!

I know, it's a bit naughty to be posting about a new purchase when I've been bemoaning the lack of space for all the things I already have, but this is such a little purchase, and so very clever! I couldn't resist: I do a bit of beading and jewellry making--just for fun really: things for me to wear and the occasional gift. One of the really fiddly bits in making jewellry is opening and closing jump rings. I either need to use two pairs of plyers--which makes me feel like a robot animation--or kill my finger nails holding the teeny tiny ring still, while twisting it slightly. This clever gizmo slips on my finger--like a ring--and the jump rings slot into the little spaces. Then it's just a simple twist to get the ring open and there you go! I haven't actually tried it yet, but there's half a big table clear in my living room, so maybe today. As for the beads you can see in the background of the photo, I'm not going to talk about them. Impulse buys? What impulse buys? I don't know what you're talking about!

Edited to add:
My friend V just dropped in and saw the real thing of the gizmo, and gave me some friendly feedback. Here's another pic which gives the order of magnitude and a tiny little demo if you can work out that it's the tip of a pair of pliers holding the jump ring in the illustration. Hope that helps.

No comments: