Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bubble and Squeak Begun

I've started to knit the Bubble and Squeak wrap. Here it is so far:I've cast on 200 stitches and I'm on the second row. It's going to be good old garter stitch--in the spirit of simplicity. You can see the little balls of various wools lined up along the arm of my chair. I'll soon have to find a better way of storing and transporting them, but for now it's fun to see the array and add to it as yarns come off the drying rack. I've finished rinsing yesterday's pinks. They'll be ready to use in a day or so. I think I'm going to need more purples.

A simple project like this is just the thing for the morning after teaching a Patchwork class. I'm tired and my feet ache. I don't know how teachers manage who have classes all day. I don't think I'd have the stamina for it. I'm going to make another coffee and head back to the armchair for a bit.

No comments: