Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

So Glad You Asked!

Where does that colour combination sit on the colour wheel? I'm so glad you asked, because I was asking myself the same question. Since posting Meg's photo, I'd got as far as picking through my boxes of wool tops and pulling out the colours I could find. I don't have quite the right pink-magenta colour, so I'll have to go shopping:), but here's what I've come up with so far--complete with colour wheel for orientation: The pink-green is pretty much a classic complementary colour scheme. What surprised and delighted me was the touch of the unexpected, because the whole colour combination leans towards the yellow side: so the citrus green and apricot are the wow factor. That's one of the things I love about taking my colour shemes from nature rather than from the "book". I wouldn't have done it, and according to the colour wheel it's not balanced, but I love it.

1 comment:

Dee said...

oooh here's another combo that i look forward to seeing... it seems that the apricot casting is due to the light coming through the pale pink petal.
i had another look at the pics and would love to see the pale pink, magenta, green combo. i was sorting through threads and silk yesterday getting ready to go away and found a comercial part skein of thread in similar colours. it looks great and was a favourite of mine, used on several projects.