Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lotus Blossom Marle Yarn

I've been working on the Lotus blossum colour blend. I decided to add a touch of yellow-orange to one of the singles and a touch of green to the other and then ply them together. Here are the tops stipped down and arranged, ready to spin for the first one. The colours for the other one are on the left:

I've nearly finished spinning the second bobbin. I'm hoping to ply it up this morning.

The challenge with combining colours opposite on the colour wheel is that if they blend together too much I end up with a disappointing muddy colour. That's why I decided to separate the yellow and green touches into different singles. I won't really see the effect until I've put them together, so I'm off for another coffee and back to work.

No comments: