Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Party Time

I have blogged before about my dilemmas with intimate apparel. I tend to think of many aspects of textile arts as a challenge to make three-dimensional shapes out of two-dimensional materials, but never more so than with foundation garments. Normally I solve the problem with a sports-bra, but with a wedding coming up and a fancy outfit on the cutting table, I was inclined to accept a friend's invitation to a "Bra Party". It turned out to be last night when I had a prior commitment, so I sent along a party proxy: Those who know me best will appreciate how unlikely this next statement is, but I'm desperate enough to host the next party myself! The convenience of having a consultant in my home to help me with a fitting in the privacy of my own room, while a few friends enjoy drinks and nibbles in the living room is too good to refuse. And it will be a chance to show off my new Studio. So, let me know if you'd like an invitation. Absolutely no obligation, I promise.

2 comments:

Nannysspin said...

Love the illustration.....subtle. So snowed under at the moment but would have loved to have attended. I hope that you get all the support you need!

Chiara Z said...

LOL--thanks Janet!