Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Staying in Character

I picked up these semi-precious stones on clearance the other day. They're pretty rough--maybe semi-precious is overstating their value. I guess that's why they were on clearance. Since I had my bead board and tools out, I decided to have a play. I went with the roughness as a feature, since there was nothing I could do about refining them. I've linked them with a light chain, forming the links with my round-nose pliers. When it was time for a closure. I had nothing suitable. This morning I pulled out my artistic wire and started to twist and turn. Here's what I came up with: This is my third attempt. It was a bit like Goldilocks and the three bears: the first was too big, the second too small and the third one is just right! Now all I have to do is attach it to my necklace, and that's a job done. Less than a week from concept to finish is unusual for me. I don't have a particular purpose in mind for this one, so I'll see what happens when it's done.

No comments: