Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Mission Accomplished

The ditch is dug! I have all sorts of interesting new muscles and bruises, but that's ok. I'm counting on this being a once in a lifetime experience. If I ever start talking about digging another ditch in this clay-rocky soil, will some-one who loves me please give me a shot of something strong and take me away to a secure, quiet place until I come to my senses. Having said that, I'm feeling quite proud of myself and it was kind of fun to be spectacularly dirty from honest work. Enough of the ditch!

My other mission yesterday was much prettier. I had a $10 voucher to spend at the local craft superstore. They had a clearance on beads. I managed to spend all my voucher money and nothing more. I'm thinking of framing the docket that lists the items, with a total of $ 0.00. Here's what I came home with:
My plan is to make some demonstration pieces for a potential future beading class. I've deliberately chosen colours that I don't normally wear, since I can always raid my personal collection to supplement.

4 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

I think two hoorays are in order. One for finishing your ditch (& I'll be more than happy to stage an intervention should it become necessary!), and another hooray for your beads - now that's what I call a bargain!!

Chiara Z said...

Thanks--and I'll let you know should an intervention be necessary:)

Dee said...

woo hoo on both beads and ditch. nice colour... do i see some blue in the top left corner? ;)

Chiara Z said...

I'm afraid you do--to go with the blue necklace I made over the weekend.