Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Teal Yarn Continued

I've still got at least half a dozen balls of this teal 8-ply yarn after completing the blanket. It's a cotton/acrylic. It's surprisingly solid--densely spun. I don't know what I was thinking of making when I bought it, but it looks like I bought enough for a jacket. That never eventuated. Now I'm nearly half way through a cushion cover. I'm using single crochet stitches, so it will be nice and strong. Next I think I'll experiment with a the pattern for a cap which I've had in mind for a while. Meanwhile there are balls of shiny tencel in the box near the armchair also waiting for some creative attention. Thankfully they're not all the exact same colour or I'd be very bored very quickly. As it is, I think it will be a while before I move on from this teal yarn phase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just LOVE the blanket and really must come and learn to crochet! Cushion cover looks great - I too am using up stash on a test knit that I am loving...second time round as I had put the markers in the wrong spot and didn't realise til a needle broke and I transferred it to a circular...oh well - the fun is in the journey! Looking forward to seeing the experiments.