Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Enough!

A few days ago I thought I was about half way through this crochet blanket. Now I've declared it finished. In the pic it's folded in half with both fringes on the right-hand side. I'm thinking about doubling the fringes before I tie them off: to make it a bit richer at the edges and to use up just a bit more of the yarns I've collected.

I always find it hard to judge how large to make these blankets. This one will tuck under my feet and come up to my shoulders when I've got the recliner out on the armchair. That seems like a good size to me. My taller friends might wish for a bit more length, but there are at least two more blankets available in the living room, so that will be just fine. Now I get to chose my first project to make with the leftovers.

7 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

I think it sounds like the perfect size. Goodness - how much bigger were you planning to make the thing?!

Chiara Z said...

Thanks for that--I do have some rather tall friends:)

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what you mean about the fringes?

Chiara Z said...

I leave a long tail at the start and end of every line. Then I tie these in an overhand knot to form a fringe. I'm thinking of adding another length of yarn into the knot to make the fringe thicker.

SewSofie said...

Lovely. It says warm, snug and comfy! All you need is a cup of tea and an old movie and you're set for a great afternoon!

Chiara Z said...

Thanks--milky coffee for me please:)

Dee said...

It looks lovely and cuddly. :)