Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Twisted Fringe Action

I decided to finish off the other bag I made on my double-weave warp. I didn't weave a lining for this one, so I've made a silk dupion lining and slip stitched it in place. Next step is to finish the bottom hem. I'm using my fringe twister. Perfect activity to undertake while sharing coffee with a friend. It's nearly done. Here's an action shot: Next I need to work out some sort of fastening. I only wove a couple of inches for the flap, so it doesn't want to stay in place without some help. I'm thinking a big bead with a corresponding loop on the body of the bag.

Now, today I need to be at the Guild to learn how to do the rest of my Summer and Winter sampler. Then tomorrow I'll just have to do as much as I can to tidy things up ready to hand in. I'm tempted to ask for more time and try to do better . . . I'll see how I feel about that later today.

1 comment:

Dee said...

that little twister looks like a neato tool!
Nah don't ask for extra time - just get it in and I know you well enough to know that it will be excellent. Besides a pass is all you need. No stress. luvya.