Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flower from a Friend

I've been having a stressful time lately. So much so that I've barely touched a piece of fibre in the last few days, and that is not a good thing. So it was particularly lovely to receive this photo in my inbox yesterday: The email just said, "sending a flower to you".

The fact that I'm posting this at 4.00 am, since I've been awake worrying--again--might illustrate how welcome that email was. And yet, I can't help analysing the colours in my mind: admiring the complementary contrasts of the deep pink against the green in the foreground and the pale gold against the blue sky in the background. And starting to play in my mind with ways of using those colour combinations in fibre of some sort. OK, that's got to be a good thing, even if that's all I can do for the time being. I wish I could say, "I'll sleep on that"--realistically, that's not how I feel--but at least I'll try to hold the image in my head. So, thanks for the flower.

No comments: