Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Knitting Away

I've been knitting away on this project for years now. It's a variegated wool-silk blend, plied with blue silk filament. I can date it as "pre-spinning certificate" by the way I've done the spinning. That means at least 2008. I put a lot more twist into my fine spinning now, but I like the yarn enough to persist with it. The yarn is so fine that I can knit away at it for half and hour or more and still not see any noticeable difference in the size of the ball. I had it as my "carry along" project for a while, but the yarn wasn't standing up too well to that treatment. Then it sat neglected for some time. Now I'm trying to do a little bit every morning. As for the photo being on its side, I'm sorry, it's just one of those blogger days.

No comments: