Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Domestic Dragons

Sometimes I do requests . . . This one is a dragon hat requested by a young friend who loves all things blue, hence a blue dragon hat. I've been thinking about it for months and finally put crochet hook to wool on the project last week. Number one challenge was to construct a hat base strong enough to support the dragon accouterments and yet comfortable enough to be easily worn. A dense wool crochet fabric seems to have done the trick. Having taken care of the base, it's time to add the spiky bits. When I've done the last row in wool, I'll decide whether to do a row in wool and beading wire to make sure everything sits up nicely as it should. It would be sad to have a floppy dragon.



Meanwhile I have a burgeoning weed patch where the rose garden is supposed to be and the dust bunnies are celebrating Easter early and running all over the house. There's also a backlog of bills to be sorted. I'll have to put on my mental armour and do battle with these domestic dragons to regain some peace of mind for the holidays.

2 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

(giggle)
I tend not to have dust bunnies - I have dust BISONS that move in migratory formations across my loungeroom floor ... Mooo!

Chiara Z said...

Moooo! what happens if you open the door--do they stampede!