Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Stars

I had planned to celebrate Australia Day last week by making some beaded stars. They're for the quilt project at the Newlands Community Centre, which is coming to a close. We've decided to represent the Australian flag with stars on a blue background. The countries of origin of the women involved will be represented with coloured ribbons. It tickled my fancy to mark our national day with a conscious recognition of the multicultural nature of our society.

As it turned out, my day was complicated by various difficulties and my creative plans had to be shelved. I'm hoping the stars will be made this morning. I'm also hoping I can sort out the glitch with Blogger, which is refusing to upload my picture. Meanwhile I'll get myself packed and ready to go before another hot hot Melbourne day sets in.

No comments: