Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back to Basics

I bought this yarn on impulse the other day. At 50 cents a ball I figured I couldn't go too far wrong. I thought I'd include it in a blanket I'm planning, but when I opened up the packaging I found I'd made a couple of fundamental mistakes. For starters, the yarn was thicker than I'd expected and therefore the yardage was less than I'd hoped for. Secondly, and more importantly, the fibre was tough and harsh on my fingers. I'd let the bright colours and cheap price wow me into buying without my usual checks.
I decided to go with the strengths of the situation rather than bemoan my hasty purchase. Here we have a bathmat nearly finished. The tough yarn should mean it's hard-wearing on the floor and the bright colours will give the room a lift. The thickness of the yarn means it's working up nice and quickly. A couple of balls to go and I can move on from this little glitch.

1 comment:

Dayle Morrison said...

Hi Chiara. Oh, I know this error. I'm so tempted all the time by a colourful bargain. I need to be more discerning with my impulses!!
:P