Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Peachy

I've been spinning up some of the results of the Natural Dyeing experiments from a few weekends ago. This one is dyed with peach leaves: It's a bit more of the silky wool. I think I had about 100g of it on the day and just distributed it around the different options of pots. So there's about 30g in this colour. I love the deep silvery green--especially combined with the silky sheen of the modified wool. I'm spinning it fairly fine and planning to navaho ply the resulting single. What then? I'm not sure. Perhaps it will turn into some gorgeous tiny thing. Or I'll combine it with something else. I've still got the silk caps dyed on the same day. Just spinning it is making me happy for now.

3 comments:

Knitspingirl said...

What a pretty colour - from peach leaves!

I've been dabbling a little with lichen. Who would have thought you could get such vivid purples & pinks from such an insipid yellow/green plant?

Chiara Z said...

Ah, I've heard it's all about recognising the right lichen. I'd love to have a go.

Dee said...

oooow I do like the silvery colour and the shiny texture. I look forward to seeing what it becomes.