Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Slow Start

I've made a slow start today after a disturbed night. I spent most of the morning sitting in my favourite armchair by the window, but I can't do that all day. So to get myself going I plied off the Eucalyptus dyed wool-silk which I spun up last week. Here it is on the bobbin: I've kept it soft, but there's plenty of twist to hold it together and a bit of a fluffy halo to set off the sheen of the silk.

Now what to do with the rest of a slow day? I was thinking I'd take the train into the city and buy the tuning fork I need for my mandolin lesson this evening. I could take some knitting and do as much or as little as I like. On the other hand, the local news tells me there's been a three hour power outage on the City Loop this morning. Perhaps I'd better avoid the trains. Looks like I'm not the only one whose had a slow start to the day, and I'm guessing mine was less frantic and frustrating than the commuters' and Metro staff.

1 comment:

Dee said...

ooow that looks yummy... Jersey Caramel yummy.