Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Looking Forward

It's mid-October. It should be well and truly Springtime weather by now. But instead we've had several weeks of showers and cold--even a couple of hail storms. My garden is suffering from chronic neglect. I got discouraged after the heatwaves last summer, when several of my favourite plants got cooked. Then there was winter, and now with all the rain, things in the garden are pretty much out of control.

I'm looking forward to the possiblity of a couple of warmer days early next week. I'm going to have to do some serious weeding before I can do anything else in the garden.

One thing which has survived is this parsley plant. It's in a pot near the front door and it's sending up seed heads like this one: This is one plant that's determined to survive. I'll need to replant most of my herb pots, but this one has earned it's right to go forth and multiply. Plus the colours are tempting me to pull out my dye-pots. We still have a couple of days of cold and wet to get through, so there's no reason not to take advantage of the opportunity to play with colour while I'm stuck indoors.

No comments: