Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Had to Have It

I dropped in at the Yarn Barn on my way to a meeting last week. I wanted to pick up a bit more of the alpaca yarns I'm using in my "bushfire blanket". So, I picked up what I needed and paid for it. Then this caught my eye: It's a slubby linen yarn plied with several strands of blue cotton. I like it. It was on sale. I bought it. Fair enough . . .

. . . but I actually bought this much:
Ummmm . . . that's a lot of yarn. So, I now have one more cone of yarn adorning my shelves. I can't say I'm sorry, because I'm not. It will be great for texture in my weaving. I think I'll also try overdyeing some of it, since the white linen will take up colour differently from the blue cotton. And it looks good just sitting there anyway.

2 comments:

Dee said...

lol, more yarn, just what a girl needs... :)

Knitspingirl said...

Love the colour, but don't feel bad about the amount - I usually buy yarn by the kilo!! Lol