Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Coffee and Cake

After a full day of spinning class yesterday, I was well and truly ready for a nice coffee. Nice coffee . . . and cake. Nice coffee, cake . . . and company! My friends from the Experimental Spinning Group finish an hour earlier than my class. They had just about finished their coffees when I left the Guild. I rang my friend Meg and she met me at Rathdowne St.

Coffee and cake at the Paragon Cafe is a bit of a tradition for us. Here's part of their decor:. . . and their coffee and cake is about as good. Flourless lemon cake and icecream is just what I needed to clear my mind and relax after a good day of learning.

Woollen spinning was our topic yesterday. I have 50 g of lovely fluffy carded corriedale to spin up at home. I don't know if I'll get to that today. It's going to take a while just to unpack all my stuff from yesterday's class. I did manage to acquire a little more fleece as well . . . requirements for our next class. At least that's my excuse!

No comments: