Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Un-finished Object

What is it about quilters and their UFO's ? I pulled this one out of its bag yesterday to show my beginner quilting students. It hasn't had a stitch added for at least six months, so that makes it "officially" a UFO: But I have hopes--aspirations even--of changing its status. All it needs is a row of eucalypt leaves quilted around the last border and I can bind it. Then it will be finished!. I started it, maybe 7 years ago. There are lots of things I would do differently if I were starting it now, but I still like it enough to finish it. So for now it's not going back into its bag. It can just hang around and call me for a while. Hopefully that will spur me on to do that last bit.

2 comments:

Dee said...

hand or machine quilted? oh it will feel good to have it done, then what?

Chiara Z said...

The whole thing is done by hand--every stitch--including the quilting, so it was a slow project to start with. Then there are a few more UFO's in the cupboard as well as lots of ideas for new projects:)