Saturday, July 7, 2012


The armchair project is finished. All but two ends I need to weave in. The beauty of these projects in my mind is that once the last row is crocheted, there isn't a lot to do. I leave the beginning and end of each row long so I can tie it off and turn it into a fringe.
This time I went for tiny tufts rather than luscious lengths for the fringe. I doubled the ends of yarn back through the edge of the row so that I got three times the thickness, then tied them off with an overhand knot and trimmed it. It's more practical that way for a blanket which I expect to get a fair bit of use in a three-pet household. Speaking of which, I must give this a good brush off before I fold it up and send it off. It's ended up being longer than I am, so there's been a fair bit of it dragging around on the floor recently. 


Dee said...

I'm so excited, oooweee and I just can't hide it.
I know, I know, I know, I know, I want you, I want you. (well da rug anyway)
... and if you didn't recognise the words, it is the Pointer Sisters song, (you guessed it), "I"m so Excited". But I'll understand if you didn't recognise it, I'm not the greatest singer. ;)
I am excited by the way. just sayin'.

Textile Tragic said...

So glad you're excited. Now I just need to re-create Ra's doona cover and there'll be a big parcel on it's way to cool Queensland.