I go through phases in sewing clothes for myself. Lately I've been in a slack phase, but maybe that's about to change. I've been slowly sorting the boxes of stuff that are cluttering the studio. These include fabrics which I have bought at various times and with varying degrees of thought. Here's one:
I'm guessing it was an impulse buy. It had a note pinned to it, "summer top for me". As soon as I started evaluating it I came up against a few challenges. The instant appeal is the lightweight cotton--ideal for a summer top--except with the all over broderie anglaise it's full of holes and therefore see through. It also has a border design--that cute little scalloped edge. To make the most of it I would need to cut the pattern pieces at right angles to the straight grain. I think that's ok. The fabric is so heavily embroidered that it's going to be nice and stable anyway. As for being see through. I'll try lining the top front section. Lining the entire garment would defeat the purpose.
Yesterday I got as far as buying a matching piece of poplin and washing the fabric. Next I need to choose a pattern. I'll see how that goes.