Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rose Reprise

It's been a while since I did much with the crochet roses. There's still a boxful waiting to have pins stitched to them in the studio. When I had just a bit of this brown handspun wool-silk blend leftover I thought I'd have another go.



















I didn't have enough yarn to make my usual twenty petals, so I folded and twisted the leftover strip of double crochet to make a centre for the flower. Then I wrapped and  stitched the remaining petals the way I normally do. I like it enough to add to the pile of flowers awaiting brooch-backs.

2 comments:

Dee said...

It worked really well.
I can see it being popular because there is interesting variation in the shading and being neutral would go with most things.

Chiara Z said...

thanks:) I thought the brown tones would appeal in a different way to the brighter colours.