Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Beading Meets Knitting

I'm knitting away at a mystery project--it's a gift and I don't want to spoil the surprise. But there's no reason I shouldn't show how I'm keeping track of my stitches.




















These stitch markers are basically just like an earing, but without the hook. Winding the wire like this minimises the chance of the yarn snagging in the marker. They really help me to keep count and show up any mistakes before it's too late to fix them easily. 

1 comment:

Dee said...

Can't wait to see the mystery item.
In the meanwhile those bead stitch counters are a clever (and attractive) tool. I am guessing they are a helpful part of the busy knitter's kit?
Ever thought about making them to add to the market stall? or even as gifts for your many knitting buddies?