Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Success of the Travelling Sock

The second sock is done.

I had to travel to an inner city suburb to pick up some beading materials yesterday. The cost of parking is about the same as a tram fare. The tram takes a little longer, but I can  knit on the tram. I'm feeling pretty confident with my new double pointed needles, but I'd hate to drop one on the tram. And I love to explore new ways of doing things.

























I changed over to two short circular needles for the foot of my sock. The knitting felt nice and secure and didn't require as much concentration as the dpn's. I knitted through my tram ride. I knitted some more while perusing the newspapers at the local library. By the time I got home I was ready to do the toe shaping.  I grafted the toe and wove in the ends over my morning coffee. Now it's all finished. And yes, I'm already thinking about my next pair of socks!

2 comments:

Dee said...

YEAY!!! one pair of fine wool socks done and ready for tootsies...let's just hope that they aren't needed too soon.

Do we get a piccy of them both on those tootsies?

Chiara Z said...

Thanks--no piccy while we're in a heat wave, sorry--maybe later when things cool down little:)